Monday, January 27, 2020

Getting Back In The Saddle

Although it wasn't really that long ago, last term seems so far away. I spent most of it on the road and, consequently, here I am revisiting a module I really had no time to get to. I remember trying to contribute to a Skype session from an airport security queue, which of course went so much faster than it would've done, had I not been on the phone... So, here's to getting back in the saddle and not falling at any fences this time.

When I get a moment, I'll have a good read of the handbook to remind myself of the task ahead. I've done some reading and fleshed out some ideas, so I'm out of the gate. Let's go with the riding analogy until I really am flogging a dead horse. Time management, or at least having time to manage is my goal for the next few weeks. I'll be home in a couple of weeks, so will try in earnest not to leave the country for the next few months. That should see me break this module in and before long I shall be on the home straight. Too much? Nah, or neigh? No, even. Early essay planning. The MORE form takes longer than you think, beware. And taking my own advice, I shall use some of my time with my supervisor earlier rather than later.

So, those are all my good intentions. Let's see how I do! I'll leave you with the backdrop to the last few days here in Oz. See you at the finishing post!


6 comments:

  1. LOL. It does look like you've been on the move indeed. Looking forward to reading more of your thoughts this term and maybe engaging a little more.
    Best wishes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excited to see where your ideas go and how your new study plan will go!

    Good luck
    Jessica

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can do it Rhoda - I also found module two really difficult, but at least I was based at home - good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Rhoda,
    I few of us from module three were planning on doing a skype session tomorrow (Monday 16th March) at 8pm, just to discuss where we were and whether we could help each other out. We find this incredibly useful when our scheduled module three skype session was cancelled a few weeks ago. Would you be interested in joining?
    Jesse

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jesse, I'm afraid there's a Module Two Skype at exactly the same time. As I'm still working on that, it's where I have to be!
      Take care

      Delete