Sunday, April 7, 2019

Post Skype - Communicating Ideas

There were two things I took away from this session. The first was focus, or lack thereof. I was struggling to pay attention. I have an awful lot going on in my life at the moment and couldn't help feeling my time would've been better spent elsewhere. Too late, I was in. The second thing was what I said when I was required to speak. I talked about the RPL essays and how I have never before been required to back up what I said from traceable sources. I understand entirely why this is done, but in all honesty, find it incredibly tiresome. It stops me writing. It stops me progressing. I don't enjoy it at all. It feels pedestrian to have to constantly find a source for an idea I know to be true. Will I get used to it? I may become resigned to it.

I scribbled in my journal and realised I hadn't done so for two weeks. Listening to others, I feel there's something I'm missing. To me it's a chore. Perhaps I just don't have the time. And blogging? I have writing to do, I don't have time for this. I understand it's supposed to help. Back in February, I had a revelation. I blogged about it and just read it back, but whatever was so apparent then, escapes me now. Is it supposed to engender community? Fortunately, I have studied dance, otherwise I really wouldn't make sense of the conversation or get the references. But I'm not a dancer. I'm not part of the community.

Perhaps it's a bridge too far.

Peeved.

2 comments:

  1. Hi! I already am in my Module two. My Module One felt very messy, as if none of my ideas made any sense. Two blogs that I worked on helped me a lot. Perhaps these mental exercises help you too.

    https://marianelladesanti.blogspot.com/2018/10/my-dance-journey.html

    https://marianelladesanti.blogspot.com/2018/10/areas-of-learning-academic-reflection.html

    On feeling overwhelmed and having to much going on, a big hug to you. I know and understand the feeling. I was going through some really hard things my last module too, and in the end my AOL process was really cathartic and important process. Let your life inform and pour into your writing...Lots of love, Nella

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello everyone..Welcome to my free masterclass strategy where i teach experience and inexperience traders the secret behind a successful trade.And how to be profitable in trading I will also teach you how to make a profit of $12,000 USD weekly and how to get back all your lost funds feel free to email me on(brucedavid004@gmail.com) or whataspp number is +22999290178

    ReplyDelete