Monday, February 18, 2019

Prior Learning Skype Tutorial

So pleased it was a 'cameras off' Skype tutorial. Tired. In my pyjamas. Not used to thinking constructively this early in the morning; I'm usually on autopilot. I see why regular students don't get to lectures. Although, most of them have come from school, so are more prepared.

We talked about Areas Of Learning essays and what they should contain. Once again, I'm a little shaken by the enormity of what I have agreed to undertake. Hopefully, at some point, I shall feel less so. Funny what you end up discussing. The psychology of being a backing singer. Something I understand acutely, as band politics are often like walking a tightrope. Now I need to get my head around it as something I have actually learned. Of course I have and now I shall document it as a valid area of study. It is, after all, knowledge that can be passed on. Finding academic references might be tricky, though. I shall do my best to look around. Tried Google Scholar to no real avail, but sometimes it's about learning to ask the right questions. I'm sure there'll be music journos who have written on the subject. That would be a start.

Let's see what I can pull together. I haven't written much more than emails in so long. I think I may enjoy unlocking the muse once again. Soon find out!

Help!

No comments:

Post a Comment